DFM Mechanical Engineer
Developing unique concepts and designs for prototypes and final products using 3D CAD tools (e.g. Solidworks).
The designs should meet all of the product requirements while being aware of manufacturability. You will lead/facilitate the rapid prototyping process, either in-house or with contract manufacturers.
You are expected to work with our interdisciplinary team from design conception through verification testing of the system, ensuring designs are reliable and scalable.
In the near future, you will be responsible for facilitating the collaboration between industrial design studios and our own team to deliver high quality and reliability products.
- Develop concepts and prototypes for electrical system enclosures, optics frames, etc.
- Perform engineering analysis and DFMA analysis.
- Generate designs and engineering drawings for contract manufacturers.
- Fabricate and assemble MVPs and prototypes with 3D printers and CNC machines.
- Work with industrial design studios to ensure manufacturable and scalable designs.
- Proficiency in the computer-aided design tools, e.g. Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, etc.
- Proficiency in tolerance analysis, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT).
- A solid foundation in design for manufacture & assembly and plastic injection moulding.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in rapid prototyping skills, i.e. machining skills, 3D printing techniques, etc.
- Strong teamwork, communication skills, passion, productivity, and self-learning ability are musts.
- Experience in optomechanical design, thermal design, optics fabrication, or material science knowledge.
- Required Experience
- More than 3 years of industry experience in the related area
- Will consider recent graduates if shown strong foundation and motivation
Must be authorized to work in the US
San Jose, CA
Competitive salary and equity package
To apply for this job, e-mail your details to email@example.com