We are currently seeking innovative architects with a passion for technology to develop next-generation near to eye display, viewing optics and imaging systems. Primary responsibility is developing optics and related technologies as building blocks to enable next-generation architectures.
- Drive development of system requirements to create new experiences, and advanced technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements.
- Support modelling and prototyping for next-generation optics and displays
- Support evaluating and characterizing optical elements and image processing algorithms
- Engage cross-functionally with researchers and engineers to develop and ship innovative concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, integration, infrastructure and applications)
- M.S./Ph.D. in Optics or equivalent working experience.
- Experienced in lens design and tolerancing using both glass and plastic optical materials.
- Intimate knowledge of Optical CAD (Zemax, Code-V/LightTools etc.) to model sequential and non-sequential systems.
- A mixture of modelling/simulation and hands-on capabilities.
- Keen understanding of physical optics and beam propagation for single mode and multimode lasers.
- Developing and implementing test methods for optical systems used for laser beam propagation.
- Familiar with optomechanical principles and reading/interpreting optomechanical drawings.
- Familiar with the design and manufacturing of diffractive optics.
- Ability to work with outsource vendors and overseas manufacturing partners to deliver mass production designs.
- Interface with the assembly and packaging groups to support the integration of lens into the module.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the team in an open and honest manner.
Will consider recent graduates if shown strong foundation and motivation
Must be authorized to work in the US
San Jose, CA
Competitive salary and equity package
To apply for this job, e-mail your details to firstname.lastname@example.org